Level 3 Diploma for the Children and Young People’s Workforce at Millennium Academy Ltd
The Level 3 Diploma aims to guide and assess development of knowledge and skills relating to Early Learning and Childcare, Social Care and the Learning Development and Support Services workforces. This qualification confirms competence in these areas where appropriate and serves as the required qualification (for all new practitioners) for registration and regulatory requirements in the sector.
This qualification has been designed to:
- provide a broad background understanding of the children and young people’s workforce sector and an introduction to the practical skills and knowledge required
- provide an awareness of the range of jobs and work settings in the children and young people’s sector
- enable learners to make an informed assessment of their own aptitude for work in this sector and to make informed decisions about careers
- encourage learners to reach a level of knowledge and skills that will facilitate progress into further vocational learning or to potential employment in the sector
- introduce learners to the discipline of the working environment and to encourage mature attitudes to the community in general
- encourage learners to value continued learning and remain in the learning process
- allow learners to learn, develop and practise selected skills required for progression in the sector
- provide opportunities for progression to the relevant Level 4/5 Diplomas or Foundation/Honours Degrees in the sector.
Learners must gain a minimum of 65 credits to achieve the Level 3 Diploma for the Children and Young People’s Workforce. To do this they must achieve 27 credits from the mandatory Group A of units. Learners must select one mandatory pathway from Groups C, D or E.
A list of the individual units are available on a separate sheet. Our assessor will go through individual units with learners and employers to ensure that their work meets the minimum criteria for the qualification.
There are no formal entry requirements for candidates undertaking this Diploma. However, candidates must have the potential and opportunity to gain evidence for the qualification in the work place. Basic skills at level 2 is recommended, but not an essential requirement
Assessment takes place through evaluation of work-based performance, presenting evidence, witness testimony and questioning. A portfolio of evidence is produced which demonstrates that the candidate can perform to the level described.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Millennium Academy Ltd directly.