BTEC Extended Certificate in IT (Level 3) at Prospect School
This course is for you if you are interested in ICT and combines well with the Business option. It will help you develop problem solving and communication skills and covers technical aspects ranging from how to build your own computer to graphic design and website development, social media for business and mobile apps development.
- How computer hardware and software works, including practical lessons
- Programming and website design skills using Dreamweaver
- Graphic design skills including specialist software such as Photoshop and Illustrator
- How ICT is used in business systems
- How businesses use social media to promote their products and services
- Communication, problem solving and teamwork skills
- Creating Systems to Manage Information
- GCSE English and Maths at grade 5 or above
- GCSE ICT/Computing at grade C or BTEC First/ECDL at a Pass grade
- Two other GCSEs at grades C or above.
- 2 External Units
- 2 Internal Units
While technical ICT skills are needed for many roles, employers also want team-players, problem- solvers and good communicators. The industry continues to need bright people who want to take the initiative, whether it is in developing new business processes, software applications, sales or training.
The opportunities for career advancement, self-development and financial reward are excellent when pursuing an ICT related career. Likewise many university courses value the ICT skills developed from completing the BTEC extended certificate in IT.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.