Drama & Theatre Edexcel A Level at St Bernard's High School
Year 12 serves as a basis for knowledge and skill development in Drama and Theatre as well as acting as a ‘mock’ for year 13.
Through practical workshops and research sessions, students will explore a range of theatre practitioners, styles and genres.
Students partake in an assessed group devised performance and an assessed group scripted performance as well as various other individual and group performances and presentations.
In year 12 students also begin to study and explore the set texts that are prescribed for the written exam in year 13.
This course will suit students who are excited by and passionate about Drama and are keen to develop their experiences of classic and contemporary theatre.
Component 1: Devising (40 % of total marks)
- 1.1: A portfolio recording work undertaken (60 marks)
- 1.2: The Devised Performance (20 marks)
Component 2: Text in Performance (20% of total marks)
- 2.1: A group performance (36 marks)
- 2.2: A monologue or duologue (34 marks)
Component 3: Written Examination (worth 40% of total marks)
- 3.1: Live Theatre Evaluation (20 marks)
- 3.2: Page to Stage – Realising a Performance Text (36 marks) – Accidental Death of an Anarchist by Dario Fo
- 3.3: Interpreting a Performance Text (24 marks) – Lysistrata by Aristophanes
- Grade B at GCSE Drama or Point 6 at GCSE English if Drama has not been taken.
A mixture of internal assessment of practical skills and external written examinations testing the full range of subject-specific skills
Acting, Directing, Playwriting, Teaching, Designing, Dramaturgy, Management, Arts Administration and many more.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact St Bernard's High School directly.