Retail at North Lancs Training Group (NLTG)
What is Retail?
The role of a Retail Apprentice will depend on the retail organisation they work for. They could be helping customers to choose products, processing payments and maintaining stock levels. They can also create and maintain visual merchandising displays in order to promote products effectively. An Apprentice may work in a specialist department and become a product expert, able to help with specific queries. The overall aim of the qualification is for the apprentice to work effectively as part of the retail team and to provide a positive and seamless service. Job roles include Sales Assistant, Stockroom Assistant, Visual Merchandiser and Fresh Food Counter Assistant.
Your employer will train you in the specific skills required for their retail business. This could include taking payments from customers, gaining the relevant product knowledge and maintaining stock levels. You will be trained as part of a team to plan and organise your work. You will gain knowledge of health and safety in the workplace and must be professional and well presented at all times.
What training will I receive?
There will be no need to attend college as you will be assessed in the workplace by a qualified NLTG Tutor. Your tutor will come out to visit you at your place of work every 4 - 6 weeks. If you are unsure that an Apprenticeship is right for you then why not have a look at our 'Why choose an Apprenticeship?' page. If you feel you are not yet ready for an Apprenticeship, then why not have a look at a Traineeship first?
What will I achieve?
NLTG will provide an assessment and depending on your current level and abilities you will take the following route:
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship:
• City & Guilds Level 2 Certificate in Retail Skills
• Level 2 Certificate in Retail Knowledge
• Functional Skills
• Employee Rights and Responsibilities
• Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
• All vacancies are jobs from day one
• Your training will lead to a nationally recognised qualification
• You will receive an attractive wage/salary during training
• We have a dedicated team to support you with your English and maths skills
• We operate an equality and diversity policy
• All employers are appraised for health and safety
• We will visit you regularly during your training
• Your training will be full and varied
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact North Lancs Training Group (NLTG) directly.