Floristry Diploma Level 2 at Capel Manor College
This course is aimed and 16-18 year old learners and will give you a comprehensive insight into the opportunities and expectations of the world of modern retail floristry. You will study a variety of simple floristry skills and techniques that will enable you to construct a vast range of designs suitable for weddings, funerals, events and gifts.
In addition to practical floristry and planted designs, you will also be introduced to aspects of art and design that influence floral designs and develop skills on displaying goods, both as in-store and window displays.
During this course you will also explore the conditioning of flowers, foliage and plant materials, as well as how to identify and assess quality of fresh materials.
This course will require additional private study to successfully complete course assignments and be supported with the educational industry visits.
To achieve this qualification you will have to successfully:
- create portfolios of evidence
- complete written assignments
- complete practical assessments to demonstrate the skills you have learnt
- sit one external theory based exam
- complete 150 hours of work experience.
You will need at least one of the following:
- at least 4 GCSEs at grades D or above
- an overall Merit or above in Foundation in Floristry (Level 1) or equivalent
- relevant prior learning or experience gained in an appropriate professional environment will be considered
- you will be encouraged to attend our Summer School.
You will be asked to attend an interview to explore your interests, experience and ambitions and complete an initial assessment so that we can help you study. References are also considered.
We want all of our students to maximise their personal development and prospects for employment or further study. While on your course you will continue to build skills relevant to work and study on our Skills Development programmes, which may include English, maths or computer skills.
Successful completion of this course will:
- help you gain employment in the industry as a junior florist
- enable you to progress to our Floristry Advanced Diploma (Level 3) or an Advanced Apprenticeship in Floristry (Level 3).
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Capel Manor College directly.