Business Administration Intermediate Apprenticeship at Colchester Institute
This course is aimed at those who are already working in a business environment and those who would like to. The qualification focuses on enhanced skills requiring some professional responsibility such as event support. Students will receive the relevant training required to work in an administrative role within a wide range of business settings.
The course is aimed at students aged 16 and over who wish to complete an Apprenticeship in a specific vocational area.
Business Administration Intermediate Apprenticeship Units:
- Communication in a business environment
- Principles of providing administrative services
- Principles of business document production and information management
- Understand employer organisations
- Manage personal performance and development
- Develop working relationships with colleagues
- An additional 8/9 units can be chosen from a list of optional units.
Candidates should have a strong interest in working in an administrative role and be able to discuss why they wish to do this. They will need to be committed to their study and be responsible for their own learning. It is necessary to attend an interview with the Work Based Learning team and to complete basic skills assessments in literacy and numeracy. You will be expected to have at least basic numeracy and literacy skills. Students on this course are required to be employed in a suitable work placement.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Colchester Institute directly.