Painting and Decorating - Pre-Apprenticeship Course at The Growth Company (formerly The Skills Company)
Painting and decorating is not all about hanging wallpaper! Working within this area you can play an important role in the painting and finishing of structural steel and concrete work used in bridges, factories, industrial and commercial buildings, as well as houses and apartments.
What can we offer?
- Assessors and trainers with extensive industry experience
- Free minibus service to the Greater Manchester SkillCentre
- Specialist training facilities
- On-site subsidised canteen and social learning zones
What will you do?
As a Painting and Decorating Apprentice you may be required to:
- Prepare surfaces for decoration
- Apply paint systems by brush and roller
- Hang wall coverings
- Produce broken colour and basic stencilling
Who could you work for?
We work with many employers in this sector including Diamond Decorators and Bootmans of Swinton.
NVQ Level 2 Diploma in Painting and Decorating.
You will be paid a training allowance whilst completing your pre-apprenticeship. All training costs are covered by government funding for 16-18 year olds.
You could progress on to an apprenticeship.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.