Accessibility links

Performing Arts:Level 2 at Suffolk New College

Course description

The level 2 Diploma in Performing Arts allows students to experience all aspects of the performing arts world. Through performances and academic work, students have the opportunity to develop their skills and discover new talents. You will also be able to display the new skills you have learnt by taking part in a final Showcase towards the end of the year.

All students who have not achieved a grade C or grade 4, or above in GCSE English or Maths or both will need to study an English or/and Maths qualification alongside their chosen main qualification.

Course content

This programme of study provides you with the opportunity to develop your skills and knowledge relevant to the performing arts profession. The qualification units enable you to experience a range of the performing arts including: acting, dance, musical theatre, technical theatre and the performing arts business. The study programme culminates in a final Showcase which draws together all the course elements.

Entry requirements

4 GCSEs at grade D or grade 3 (or their equivalent) and successful audition.

Financial information

Tuition Costs

No tuition fees are payable for students aged 16 – 18 on 31 August 2017. For all students aged 19+ please visit our website www.suffolk.ac.uk. Details regarding fee remission and Advanced Learning Loans can also be found at the above website.

Additional Costs

Trips and Visits – £40.00 is payable at the start of the year.  

Future opportunities

85% of our Level 2 Performing Arts students progressed to study at Level 3 108 Credit Diploma, while the remaining 15% went into full time employment within the Performing Arts Industry.

Further information

How Do I Apply

Come along to one of our open events and apply there, or online at www.suffolk.ac.uk

Support For You

Student support contact www.suffolk.ac.uk/support_for_students/student_support or 01473 382 738 or email support@suffolk.ac.uk.

How to apply

If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Suffolk New College directly.

Last updated date: 14 February 2017
Provider logo

Key information

  • Start date: Next September
  • Duration: 1 year
  • Course code: DPF92F0
  • Web url: www.suffolk.ac.uk/

Venues