Holistic Therapies Diploma - Level 3 at LAUNCHPAD
This course encompasses the holistic approach to understanding the psychological and physiological working of the body and to restore a natural balance of energies through professional consultation.
- Swedish body Massage
- Aromatherapy body massage with blending oils and Reflexology techniques
- Anatomy and physiology
- Business Studies: business legislation, interpersonal skills and good working relationships with colleagues and clients, health and safety.
- Electronic and paper based resources are provided as part of the course.
- Intensive home study programme.
- Extensive Case studies for reflexology, aromatherapy and holistic massage techniques to be completed during the course in own time and in college realistic working environment in the salons.
- All aspects of practical and theory are assessed orally, in written form and by observation of the practical treatment
Students will produce a working portfolio of evidence covering a range of assessments. Each module carries a final external examination in practical and theory.
By interview, written assessment
- Candidates should have a strong interest and belief in Holistic therapies and have a strong pursuit of knowledge in this area. Selection will be based on suitability through interview. Research and study skills are a vital aspect of this course. Detailed criteria available on request.
This qualification is not suitable for those leaving school as it is a high level qualification requiring particular life skills and an empathic nature to deal with interpersonal communication. The course is suited to post-18 year olds but will consider younger exceptional applicants at interview.
- Excellent college/work record. 90% attendance
- Caring nature, mature attitude, committed, self-motivated, impeccable appearance and sound educational background is required.
- Professionalism and a mature disposition are essential.
- Excellent health record is essential.
Foundation degree in Health & Complementary Therapies
Other complementary therapies e.g. Reiki, Homeopathy and Crystal Healing; Beauty Therapy
Kit: - Essential Oils - Uniform - Shoes - Books *
All costs to be confirmed, purchase of kit is required at start of course, a starter pack will be provided. Upon completion of the course, successful students will be able to become a member of a professional awarding body to include professional liability insurance e.g. Federation of Holistic Therapists - Guest speakers are invited to the college to extend knowledge and enrich the course for other holistic/alternative therapies e.g. Homeopathy, Chakras, Reiki, Shiatsu. 90% minimum attendance required.
Materials fees levied for :
It is highly recommended that students purchase a good quality portable couch to practice procedures at home and to later perform case studies during the course.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact LAUNCHPAD directly.