Business - BTEC Level 2 Extended Certificate at Worthing College
This qualification has been developed to inspire learners to learn about businesses, and develop the skills that employers are looking for from the best applicants. There are a number of units which are preparing students for a career in a range of business sectors, including retail.
The course is made up of:-
1. Enterprise in the Business World - Using examples from local, national amd international buiness you will learn what makes an enterprise successful, and create your own business model for business start-up.
2. Finance for Business - In this unit you will learn about profit and loss and the tools of the business world that are utilised to ensure businesses survive and grow.
Principles of Marketing - Marketing is the key in the business world. In this unit you will learn what effective marketing is and the strategies that businesses use to work out their targetr market and then market effectively.
4. Optional Units from:
9. Promoting a Brand - you will explore the use of branding and how it is incorporated into different methods of promotion, concluding with the planning of a promotional campaign for a brand aimed at a target market.
4. Principals of Customer Service - customer service is investigated in a couple of businesses and you will develop customer service skills to deal with different types of customers.
6. Introducing Retain Business - you will learn about retail outlets in the local area and selling internationally. This will include the roles of staff and the challenges that the businesses face.
8. Recruitment, Selection and Employment - you will learn about the recruitment process for specific posts, develop your interview skills and put together a realistic personal career development plan.
10. Using Business Documentation - you will learn about different forms of communication and documentation used in business environments, both internally and externally. Opportunities to develop your own communication skills are a key part of this unit.
Students on this course also participate in work experience.
You will need a minimum of two GCSEs at grade D.
Units are internally assessed with two externally assessed units. The unit grades are added together to give you your final results:Pass, Merit or Distinction. Exceptional students are awarded a Distinction*.
- Further study e.g. progress to the BTEC Level 3 in Business at Worthing College.
- An apprenticeship in business, retail or customer service.
- Full time work in a local business.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Worthing College directly.