Animal Skills – Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma or 90-credit Diploma at Sparsholt College
If you’re looking to return to learning and gain the skills needed to work in the animal management industry or to progress on to Higher Education, this course will give you a real head start.
The mix of units is designed to help you develop both practical and theoretical knowledge and enable accelerated career progression.Topics Covered
• Animal health and welfare
• Species nutrition
• Animal husbandry and handling
• Academic skills
• Animal biology
Four GCSEs at grade C or above including English, Maths and Science/relevant Level 2 Diploma or equivalent and experience in the animal industry.
Students must be aged 19 or above.
• Level 3 Extended Diploma in Animal Management
• Apprenticeship in Veterinary Nursing or Animal Care
• FdSc in Animal Management
• Veterinary Nurse or Assistant
• Pet retail including specialist outlets
• Kennels and catteries
• Animal rescue centres
• Zoo work
• Dog grooming
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Sparsholt College directly.