Travel and Tourism Level 2 Diploma at Bridgwater College
This qualification in travel and tourism is for anybody that wants to work or already works within the dynamic and vibrant travel industry and wants to develop their skills further and specialise in this field.
Travel and tourism has a vast range of opportunities enabling you to work both in the UK and overseas.
The course is a mixture of practical and academic work. This qualification contains units that are relevant to all sectors of the industry, whether you are entering into a career as a travel agent, resort representatives, tour operations or cabin crew to name a few.
You will learn about the various activities within the travel industry and the exciting opportunities that exist, whilst studying the following units:
- Worldwide travel
- Tour Operations
- Visitor Attractions
- UK Travel
- Interpersonal Skills in Travel and Tourism
- Travel Planning
- Cruise Industry
- Customer Service
- Employability skills
- Five GCSEs C-E range
- Entry is also subject to a successful interview
- No prior knowledge of the travel and tourism industry is necessary but a keen passion in the subject area is essential
- Practical assessment, including organising events, presentations and role play
- Written coursework
- On-line multiple choice exams
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Travel and Tourism
- Employment opportunities such as travel agent, hotel, tourist information centre, overseas holiday representative, cabin crew, working with an airport, visitor attractions and many more
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Bridgwater College directly.