History A Level at Harton Technology College
If you enjoy discovering what makes people and countries behave as they do; if you want to make sense of the complicated world we live in; if you want to gain skills which are highly valued by a huge variety of employers.
- Component 1: Breadth Study
- Component 2: Depth Study
- Component 3: Historical Investigation (Personal Study)
- The Making of a Superpower: USA, 1865–1975 (Breadth Study)
- Royal Authority and the Angevin Kings, 1154–1216 (Depth Study)
You need to have a minimum GCSE grade B in History. A willingness to work hard, reading extensively and able to undertake your own independent learning.
Successful completion of the A-Level History course offers a huge range of opportunities for the future. It could lead to further study at University or a career in Law, Teaching, Research, Business Management, Museums, Broadcasting, TV and Film.
Which other subjects compliment this subject?
- Politics, Law, English Literature, Geography, Psychology, English Language.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Harton Technology College directly.