Women's Hairdressing Level 2 Diploma at Harlow College
This course is for any aspiring hairdresser looking to start a career in this dynamic industry. You will observe hairdressing demonstrations and then take part in practical skills development workshops. You will practice the techniques on mannequin heads until you feel confident enough to test your skills on friends, family and clients. You will also attend formal lessons and learn the theoretical aspects of Hairdressing. You will research and complete written assignments, participate in discussions and take part in group work, role-play and individual study.
- 201: Working in the industry
- 202: Follow health and safety practice in the salon
- 203: Client consultation for hair services
- 204: Shampoo and condition
- 205: Promote product and services to clients in a salon
- 206: Cut women’s hair
- 207: Colour and lighten hair
- 208: Perm and neutralise hair
- 209: The art of dressing hair
- 212: Create an image based on a theme within the hair and beauty sector
- 105: Plaiting and twisting hair
4 GCSEs – 2 at grade D and 2 at grade E
Observation of practical skills, online exams, assignments, questions/answers.
Hairdressing kit, uniform, textbook, stationery. Approx cost £235.
Employment at junior stylist level (most salons would request a skills test as part of the interview process). Level 3 Women’s Hairdressing.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Harlow College directly.