Site Carpentry - Level 2 at Easton & Otley College
The Level 2 Diploma in Site Carpentry is designed to develop the skills and knowledge of students, enabling them to work in the industry in their chosen craft.
It has been specifically developed for delivery in a training environment using simulated conditions, and the tests are based on the learner showing what they can do as an individual through the completion of all the requirements of the qualification.
As part of the Construction department Site Carpentry offers the following main units of training:
Practical skills include:
- Employing good Health and Safety practice in the workshop
- Understanding timber and man-made sheet materials
- Practice good carpentry disciplines in the workshop and simulated environments
- Use and maintaining carpentry hand-tools
- Maintain and use Power Tools
- Carry out set test pieces (see practical units below)
As a continuation from level 1 carpentry and Joinery practical training, students will continue to advance their carpentry skills through a series of training using rigs and simulated ‘real life situations’. This will include flooring, timber studwork, hang and furnish doors, trussed roofs, fitting kitchen units and general maintenance of guttering.
Theory units include:
- Health, safety and welfare in construction and associated industries
- Understanding information, quantities and communication with others
- Understanding construction technology
Practical units include:
- Carry out first fixing operations
- Carry out second fixing operations
- Carry out structural carcassing operations
- Carry out maintenance to non-structural carpentry work
This is the second part of the CSkills Award, Diploma in Site Carpentry and is a qualification recognised by the Construction Industry.
Students may also carry out this course of study over two years if they are apprenticed to a participating company in the Cskills programme of training.
- Mandatory, Level 1 Carpentry and Joinery or equivalent Carpentry and Joinery at Level 1.
Successful students can go on to a Level 3 related course or use the qualification to help them to gain employment in the Construction Industry.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Easton & Otley College directly.