Customer Service Advanced Apprenticeship Level 3 at City of Westminster College
The Level 3 advanced apprenticeship in Customer Service is primarily aimed at candidates who are in a supervisory or team leader position and recognise that employment in the customer service sector involves a diverse range of functions, tasks and activities that are constantly developing and changing. It is suitable for candidates:
- Who have particular customer service and administrative job roles
- Who are working in a customer service environment
- Whose role is to provide a supervisory service to customers
You need to achieve 55 credits, 31 of which come from the mandatory units, optional units are taken from Groups B and C. We will work with you to choose which are the most appropriate.
- Organise and deliver customer service
- Understand the customer service environment
- Understand customers and customer retention
- Resolve customers' problems
- Principles of business
- Manage personal and professional development
Optional Units (selection)
- Communicate with customers verbally
- Manage the use of technology to improve customer service
- Manage team performance
- Collaborate with other departments
- Employee rights and responsibilities
The final two elements are the development of Personal learning and Thinking Skills which are embedded within the delivery of the knowledge and competency elements of the training, and Employment Rights and Responsibilities where understanding is checked through completion of a short workbook, or can be taken as a standalone unit.
If employees do not have a Level 1 qualification in English and Maths gained in the last 5 years e.g. GCSE Grade C or above, they will also need to achieve functional skills at level 2 in these subjects.
We will undertake an assessment and skills scan to make sure that this qualification is suitable for you. It is preferable to have English and Maths GCSE Grade C or above.
You will be assessed through on line exams for some Customer Service units and any functional skills you need to take. The remainder will be assessed through a portfolio of work based evidence.
Apprentices are in employment but the apprenticeship can help job security and promotion
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact City of Westminster College directly.