Science Level 2 Diploma at Newham College of Further Education
The course involves a range of vocational units, that will enable you to explore Biology, Chemistry and Physics. You will also acquire useful personal skills, build up your self-confidence and develop your interests so that you can pursue further study. You will gain the NOCN Level 2 Diploma in Progression. You may also be able to gain appropriate qualification in English, Maths or ICT.
- 5 GCSEs passes at grades D-G including English, or where more *appropriate Maths, at grade D
- or Key Skills in applied communications or where more *appropriate applied numeracy at level 1
- or overseas equivalence - determined by qualified guidance staff within Admissions
- or a Level 1 course with Key Skills in applied communications and applied numeracy.
- or NOCN progression Certificate/Diploma at level 1 with the National Basic Skills Test at level 1
- or Functional Skills
You will be invited to the college for an interview. This may include an assessment of your Literacy and Numeracy skills.
You will be eligible to progress on to an appropriate AS Level programme. Alternatively, you may wish to progress to the Level 3 BTEC National Diploma in Applied Science, any other vocational course at Level 3 or into work.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Newham College of Further Education directly.