Biology A-level at South Essex College
- biological molecules
- organisms exchange substances with their environment
- genetic information, variation and relationships between organisms
- energy transfers in and between organisms
- organisms respond to changes in their internal and external environments
- genetics, populations, evolution and ecosystems
- the control of gene expression
Additionally 12 core practical activities will be carried out throughout the A-level programme.
System ref: #50094
Five GCSEs at grade C or above including:
- grade B in English language
- grade B or above in biology, chemistry or Double Award Science
- grade B or above in maths
- written examinations: 80%
- internal practical assessment: 20%
FREE to UK/EU under 19s not in employment
You can go on to higher education to study medicine, dentistry, veterinary science, marine biology, biochemistry, biotechnology, environmental studies or botany. This can lead to employment in these areas in research, teaching, management or industry.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact South Essex College directly.