Media Studies Level 3 at The Billericay School
The content will focus on the core principles of the media, namely genre, representation, audience, institutions and narrative. This will be achieved through case studies and textual analysis. The content will focus on topics including;
- the way events, issues and individuals arerepresented and portrayed to an audience
- the processes which lead media producers to make choices
- the effect of social and cultural context on representation
- how developing technologies affect media language
- the codes and conventions of media forms and products
- the regulatory framework of contemporary media in the UK
- how media organisations maintain, including through marketing, varieties of audiences nationally and globally
- how processes of production, distribution and circulation are affected by ‘new’ digital technologies
- how media producers target, attract, address and potentially construct audiences.
GCSE C grade or grade 5 in English language or literature.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The Billericay School directly.