Electrical Installation EAL Level 3 Diploma at Herefordshire & Ludlow College
With an established history in the electrical industry, HLC has modern training workshops and highly qualified staff, consistently producing results exceeding average national standards. We have established strong links with local industries, with many local employers being successful exstudents. The qualification also has integral health and safety in some of the units.
This course is a continuation from the Level 2 Diploma in Electrical Installation course. The qualification allows the student to acquire advanced underpinning knowledge and related skills of electrical installation. It does not require occupational evidence from the workplace, so is suitable for students who currently do not work within the electrical industry (but may wish to do so). The qualification will provide progression to the apprenticeship in electrical installation.
It is a job for people with a discerning mind, where the safety of yourself and others demands attention to detail.
You will cover a diverse range of topics throughout your course. A selection of unit titles is shown below.
- Electrical Installation Design
- Environmental Technology Systems
- Science and Principles
- Craft Skills
- Inspection, Testing, Commissioning, Diagnosing and Correcting Electrical Faults
- Overseeing and Organising the Work Environment
- 5 GCSEs at grade C or above (to include maths and English) or successful completion of a suitable and relevant Level 2 qualification (e.g. Level 2 Diploma in Electrical Installation)
- Alternatively, applicants who can evidence suitable experience or aptitude will also be considered.
- Successful interview and initial assessment in literacy and numeracy
- Applicants will be expected to demonstrate enthusiasm and commitment to the chosen subject area
- Candidates must be prepared to work at heights
The course is assessed by internal phase tests, practical tests, external assignments and multi-choice and written examinations with final practical assessments.
There are various opportunities for further study or employment upon successful completion of your course.
Study options may include:
- Advanced Apprenticeship in Electrical Installation
- Level 3 C&G NVQ in Electrotechnical Services
- Level 3 Award In the Periodic Inspection, Testing and Certification of Electrical Installations
- Qualifications in 17th Edition, requirements for electrical installations BS7671
- Level 3 Award In the In-Service Inspections and Testing of Electrical Equipment (PAT)
Employment options may include:
- Electrical Contractor
- Employment with the Main Utility Companies
Maths and English
All students following a full-time programme of study at HLC will study English and maths as part of their studies.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Herefordshire & Ludlow College directly.