Business Studies A Level at Chadwell Heath Academy
Business Studies looks in great detail at organisations, their successes and failures and equips you with a vast number of practical skills that you will need in the business world. Skills that are actively looked for by universities and employers.
Theme 1: Marketing and people Theme 2: Managing business activities
Students will develop an understanding of:
- meeting customer needs
- the market
- marketing mix and strategy
- managing people
- entrepreneurs and leaders.
Theme 2: Managing business activities Students will develop an understanding of:
- raising finance
- financial planning
- managing finance
- resource management
- external influences.
Theme 3: Business decisions and strategy
This theme develops the concepts introduced in Theme 2. Students will develop an understanding of
- business objectives and strategy
- business growth
- decision-making techniques
- influences on business decisions
- assessing competitiveness
- managing change.
Theme 4: Global business
This theme develops the concepts introduced in Theme 1. Students will develop an understanding of:
- global markets and business expansion
- global marketing
- global industries and companies (multinational corporations).
Paper 1: 1 hour and 30 minutes examination (50%)
Paper 2: 1 hour and 30 minutes examination (50%)
Paper 1: 2 hour examination (35%)
Paper 2: 2 hour examination (35%)
Paper 3: 2 hour examination (30%)
* All students will sit the AS at the end of the first year, the topics covered at AS will then be further developed during the second year of A Level.
- Degrees in Business Studies, Finance, Accounting, Economics, Law, Politics among others.
- A career as an entrepreneur running your own business
- Employment in major banks, pharmaceuticals, marketing and media organisations.
- Civil Service.
- The majority of roles available in “The City” and “Canary Wharf”.
- International work, although studying a foreign language would be of maximum benefit in this case.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Chadwell Heath Academy directly.