Site Carpentry Level 2 Diploma at Bath College
This programme is designed to develop your skills and knowledge to enable you to work in your chosen field within the carpentry industry. The course content includes building materials and construction technology, first fix operations, second fixing, roofs and joist work and operating a circular saw.
- Health, safety and welfare in the construction and associated industries
- Understanding information, quantities and communications with others
- Understanding construction technology
- Preparation and use of portable power tools
- How to carry out first fixing operations
- How to carry out second fixing operations
- How to carry out structural carcassing operations
- How to carry out maintenance to non-structural carpentry work
You must have successfully completed Level 1 Diploma in Carpentry and Joinery.
You will be assessed through workshop-based practical assessments and multiple choice end-of-unit knowledge tests.
On successful completion of this course you can progress onto the Site Carpentry Level 3 course or further courses in construction design and management.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Bath College directly.