General Beauty Therapies Level 3 Diploma at Eastleigh College
This programme is a great progression route for those students who have completed the Level 2 NVQ in Beauty Therapy or a Level 2 VRQ in Beauty Therapy. You will be able to extend your knowledge and practical skills to learn the most up-to-date treatment procedures in the beauty industry.
This covers a range of general senior treatments and skills, which include:
- Provide body massage
- Client care and communication in beauty-related industries
- Monitor and maintain health and safety practice in the salon
- Working in the beauty related industry
The programme is a careful balance of theory and practical work. You will gain experience in the college commercial salon sessions, as well as from work placements and employer visits throughout the programme.
Students will gain an insight into the career prospects of beauty therapy during a visit to the industrys largest beauty exhibition at Excel in London, as well as having visiting speakers from Spa's and cruise line companies. Students will be expected to participate in Industry Week & to attend one week of work experience.
Work experience placements will require students to plan and organise their own travel. This is part of the necessary development and preparation for employment.
- You will need a Level 2 Beauty Therapy, or an equivalent qualification. Tutors will be able to advise you if previous qualifications are suitable and accepted upon application.
- All students are required to attend an interview and a trades test to demonstrate professional knowledge and skills.
- The offer of a place will also depend on previous knowledge, experience, attendance, a neat, tidy appearance and attainment reports from previous education.
- Any student without a GCSE at grade A*-C in English or Maths will be required to continue study in this area either through GCSE or Functional Skills.
- The pathway followed is dependent on the grade achieved at GCSE, screening and intended progression.
Your theory and practical work will be continually assessed throughout the programme. A portfolio will be built up containing assignments, projects, practical observations, external exams and case studies.
Students are expected to meet set industry and professional standards to pass practical observations.
Your lecturer will support you through this process and offer regular feedback to ensure standards are met.
You will require a uniform with shoes, costing approximately £65. You will also require equipment to support your practice kit, costing approximately £100.
Additional fees may include trips and industry qualifications offered during Industry Week or other part-time courses.
Students may wish to gain specialist treatment knowledge by continuing their studies with the Level 3 General Beauty Therapy course to increase employment and management opportunities, or to help set up their own business.
For students choosing to go into employment the range of opportunities available include working in a spa, beauty salon, cruise liners or self-employment.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Eastleigh College directly.