Accessibility links

Art & Design - GCSE at Hurstmere School

Course description

ART AQA Course content The GCSE course enables each pupil to experience and develop skills and techniques both 2D and 3D media. These areas cover painting, drawing, printing, textiles, graphics and 3D work in a variety of materials. Pupils will be expected to look at other artists, styles and cultures and make connections in the context of their own work. Written work in the form of research and evaluation, though not a specific requirement, can form part of each project. Assessment structure: Coursework will take the form of several projects set over two years accounting for 60% of the final grade. During the spring term of the second year candidates are set a project by the examination board accounting for the remaining 40% of the grade.

Further information

To find out more about this qualification, contact us, ask your Connexions Personal Adviser or school/college careers staff.

How to apply

If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Hurstmere School directly.

Last updated date: 20 May 2014
Provider logo

Key information

Venues