Electrical Installations (Buildings & Structures) Level 3 Diploma at Harlow College
This is as a practical, work-related course. You learn by completing projects and assignments that are based on realistic workplace situations. It covers the basic underpinning knowledge and technical practical skills needed to be an Electrician. The programme provides a good foundation for future careers opportunities or progression on to a more advanced work-related qualification.
• Health and safety in construction
• The role of the Electrician
• Electrical science and principles
• Electrical wiring regulations
• Electrical testing
On this programme you will experience a wide range of learning activities (target centred), this will include:
- Practical workshop sessions
- Skill enhancement demonstrations
- Formal talks
- Individually based projects using specially designed learning materials on our Virtual Learning Environment.
Successful completion of the Level 2 Diploma in Electrical Installations. GCSE Grade C in English and Maths preferable together with site-based experience.
Practical workshop activities, Formal Lecturers, daily target achievement, use of specially designed learning materials, individual study, and modular, within and outside programme hours.
- Continuous assessment of practical activities and job related knowledge
- External multi-choice on-line examinations
- Internal Practical Assignments
Textbooks, uniform, boots, tool kit, pens, stationery and folders. Approx cost £150.
Entry into an apprenticeship, opportunity to gain employment within the industry.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Harlow College directly.