Sport BTEC Diploma Level 1 at City of Wolverhampton College
During this course you will study:
- Core Units:
- Fitness for sport and exercise
- Practical sports performance
- Carrying out a sports-related project
- The mind and sports performance
- The sports performer in action
- Training for personal fitness
- Anatomy and physiology for sports performanceOptional Units:
- Designing exercise programmes
- Facility operations for sport and leisure
- Expedition experience
- Work experience in sport
With a purpose-built sports centre, amazing facilities, outstanding success rates and great links with employers, we can really help you kick start your career in sport!
Our BTEC Level 1 Diploma is designed to develop your understanding of coaching, fitness and sports development and the body in sport, exercise and fitness, giving you the practical and occupational skills required to work in the sports and recreation industry.
Progression opportunities, such as the Level 2 Activity Leadership focusing on football coaching and the Level 2 Exercise & Fitness course will allow you to progress onto an exciting career in this industry.
To access this course you are required to have:
- No formal qualifications required
- Acceptance on course subject to a curriculum interview
A variety of assessment methods are used including individual and group presentations, case studies, role-plays, question and answer, producing display materials, time constrained assessments, work-based assignments and assessment. This will allow you to develop skills you currently possess and work on new skills that will help you progress, it will also allow you to build a portfolio of evidence and complete other workpacks that are required for you to gain the qualifications in this programme.
The skills you will learn from this course will enable you to:
- Progress directly onto the Activity Leadership Level 2 (Football Coaching) or onto a VTCT Exercise and Fitness Level 2
- Progress on to further education programmes in sport, following successful completion of the BTEC Sport Diploma and Functional skills, gaining excellent attendance and showing a positive attitude
- Pursue a career as a sports scientist, physiotherapist, sports coach, sports development officer, sports psychologist, PE teacher or in leisure management
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.