ICT BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma at Oakgrove School
This is a BTEC Level 3 course in ICT, consisting of 4 units.
Unit 2 - Creating Systems to Manage Information
This unit includes:
- The purpose and structure of relational database management systems
- Standard methods and techniques to design relational database solutions
- Creating a relation database structure
- Evaluating a database development project
Unit 3 - Using Social Media in Business
The aim of this unit is to explore the impact of social media on the ways in which businesses promote their products and services. In the unit you develop a plan to use social media in a business to meet requirements and implement the use of social media in a business.
Unit 42: Spreadsheet Modelling
The aim of this unit is to learn why businesses use spreadsheets and then create one yourself.
Unit M: Website Production & Graphics
This part of the course combines two units . The aim of these units is to provide the learner with a realistic experience of working as a web designer who also is capable of making digital graphics. It will enable a learner to understand web architecture and the factors that affect its performance and to be able to design and create interactive websites. The unit also offers scope to develop webpages without the use of a WYSIWYG editor.
- Unit 2 has an external computerised set database task completed in a supervised ten hour window decided by Edexcel.
- Unit 1 is assessed through a portfolio, externally moderated by Edexcel.
- All units are assessed through a portfolio, externally moderated by Edexcel.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Oakgrove School directly.