A Level In Applied Business at Great Marlow School
This is a broad based qualification which provides the opportunity for students to explore the world of business in a highly practical way.
By adopting an investigative approach, students develop a range of skills while discovering the problems and opportunities faced by businesses. In order to study this subject you must have an interest in, and an awareness of the wider business world.
This is a two year course which will lead to a full A Level. The course is designed to engage students through business topics and issues that are relevant in today's society, through key contemporary developments such as digital technology, business ethics and globalisation topics.
- Develop an enthusiasm for studying business
- Gain holistic understanding of business in a range of contexts
- Develop a critical understanding of organisations and their ability to meet society's needs and wants
- Understand that business behaviour can be studied from a range of perspectives
- Generate enterprising and creative approaches to business opportunities, problems and issues
- Be aware of the ethical dilemmas and responsibilities faced by organisations and individuals.
- Acquire a range of relevant business and generic skills, including decision making, problem solving, the challenging of assumptions and critical analysis
- Apply numerical skills in a wide range of business contexts
The minimum requirement to study A Level Business is: Maths and English Language at a Grade B, IT Functional Skills at Level 2 (Grade B) and if Business has been studied before, OCR Cambridge National Certificate at a Merit Grade of GCSE Business at a grade B.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Great Marlow School directly.