Animal Care, Technical Qualification, Level 2 at Hadlow College
This course is aimed at students who are looking for a career in the animal care industry, whether that be boarding kennels, catteries, pet breeders, training, grooming, animal welfare charities, zoos, wildlife parks, public services or performing animals in film and television, as well as looking to progress in to Higher education looking for careers in animal science, veterinary nursing, behaviour and welfare or conservation.
- Maintain animal health and welfare
- Undertake practical animal feeding
- Maintain animal accommodation
- Undertake work related experience in the land-based industries
- Introduction to the principles and practice of animal behaviour and handling
- Understanding the basic principles of animal biology
- Understand animal breeds and grooming
- Functional skills/GCSE - English and maths
You will need a minimum of four GCSEs C-D / 4-3 Grade or equivalent (Level 1 Diploma), which must include GCSE in English OR maths A-D / 9-3 Grade or equivalent.
Students will be assessed throughout the course using assignments, tests and practical observations. Students are encouraged to relate theory to practice in all assessments.
Successful students can further enhance their skills by enrolling onto a work-based qualification, Apprenticeship or the Level 3 qualification. Alternatively, should they wish to do so, they may gain employment within the industry.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.