A Level: Photography at JC6: Hinckley Academy and John Cleveland Sixth Form Centre
Photography is a challenging course that allows you to develop your interest in, and enjoyment of, the study of Photography. The course is designed to allow you to work from your own strengths and interests within Photography to develop your photogaphy skills and experiment with a range of materials and techniques.
In the second year of the course students have the opportunity to carry out a personal investigation, focussing on an area or topic they are particularly passionate about, to develop ideas through a focussed investigation and experiment with a range of resources and image-manipulation techniques.
Consider Photography if:
- You enjoy challenging yourself creatively and academically.
- You are interested in learning about new and upcoming photographers and artists.
- You work well independently.
JC6 general entry requirements, including:
- Minimum of merit grade at Art Level 2 OR 5 at GCSE Art or Photography.
- If you have not studied Art or Photography at GCSE, you can submit a portfolio of work to the Head of Art for special consideration.
Coursework portfolio and end of year examination.
Photography combines well with other creative subjects, or provides breadth when mixed with other subjects to show your creativity.
It is a useful qualification for students who want to go on to study a wide range of degree courses, including Fashion, Design, Journalism, Graphic Design, Web Design, Media Studies, Photography and Fine Art. It also gives evidence of skills for employment in the creative and media industries.
Contact Mr Moore, Head of Art: firstname.lastname@example.org for further information about this course.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact JC6: Hinckley Academy and John Cleveland Sixth Form Centre directly.