Professional Catering and Hospitality Level 1 Diploma at Warwickshire College Group
WHAT WILL I STUDY?
· Professional food preparation and cookery
· Professional food and beverage service
· Bar skills
· Patisserie and bakery
· Functional skills math’s at Entry 3 / Level 1 or level 2
· Functional skills English at Entry 3 / Level 1 or level 2WHAT MODULES ARE COVERED?
· Maintain a safe, hygienic and secure working environment
· Contribute to effective teamwork
· Maintain food safety when storing, preparing and cooking food
· Maintain food safety when storing, holding and storing food
Additional food preparation and cooking units; along with food service units will be added to the above mandatory units to make up a full well rounded qualification
There are no minimum entry requirements for the course; however, we would hope that the successful candidate would have an interest to seek a professional career in the catering and hospitality industry and have a passion for cooking - good food and good service. They will also need a basic qualification in English and math's due to the assignments linked to this course
You will be assessed via practical observations and through the completion of a portfolio. You will also have end of year exams for the food safety and functional skills componant of this qualification
After completion of this course, candidates can go onto study at Level 2 either as a full time or part time student. Alternatively, candidates may wish to embark on a successful career in the catering and hospitality industry.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Warwickshire College Group directly.