Accessibility links

English Literature - AS & A2 at The Crest Academies

Course description

If you enjoy reading and developing your own ideas about different types of texts this is the course for you. The A level is designed to: develop your interest in and enjoyment of English Literature, through reading widely and through experience of an extensive range of views about texts; encourage you to develop as informed, independent readers and critics of literacy texts; develop personal responses to literature; give you the freedom and choice to develop your literary interests as well as introducing you to new texts.

Entry requirements

5 GCSEs at A*-C. Good grades in English and Maths are desirable.

Assessment

The AS is a one year course consisting of two modules. One is assessed through coursework (40%) and the other through examination (60%). The theme for AS is the ‘Struggle for Identity in Modern Literature’.

The A2 a one year course consisting of two modules. One is assessed through coursework (40%) and one is assessed through examination (60%). The theme for A2 is ‘Love Through the Ages’.

Future opportunities

With an A Level in English Literature, there are many doors open to you. Degree courses in English Literature, Law, History, Journalism and many more will be benefitted by an A Level in English Literature. Furthermore, with a degree in English Literature, you could pursue many career choices, such as teaching, law, journalism or any profession that requires you to have high levels of communication and analytical skill.

Further information

To find out more about this course / qualification please contact us, or you can ask your Connexions Personal Adviser or school/college careers staff.

How to apply

If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The Crest Academies directly.

Last updated date: 20 May 2014

Key information

Venues