Hair and Media Make Up Level 2 Diploma at Accrington and Rossendale College
This course will provide opportunities to carryout make-up for Theatre performances.
We will be looking at a weekend trip to IMATS in London.
You will take part in photo shoots.
There are several routes of entry onto this course:-
• VRQ Level 1 Hairdressing or Beauty Therapy or equivalent.
• You will need at least 5 GCSEs at grade A – D and one of these must be English.
• For mature learners (19+) you will need to display commitment to learn and achieve.
You will also need to be able to show you have the ability to study at this level, plus participate in an interview and show a keen interest and commitment to being successful in this vocational area.
This course is free of charge for 16 – 18 year olds.
This course will cost a maximum of £480 for learners aged 19 years old or above. This fee may be reduced or void depending on the individual’s circumstances.
You can progress on to a career in the make-up industry or the Level 3 Diploma in Hair and Media Make Up.
For Health & Safety reasons and in order to comply with the code of ethics in assessment, you must comply with the following:
• You will require a kit and uniform, this should be purchased through the college.?
• A uniform must be worn at all times.
• You may be required to undertake work experience on additional evenings and weekends to enhance your portfolio of skills
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Accrington and Rossendale College directly.