Food Service Level 2 at North Nottinghamshire College
About this course
This course will allow you to develop a range of practical skills related to the professional service of food and beverages in order to continue your studies within the hospitality industry.
What will I study?
- Essential skills like food safety and hygiene
- Effective communication methods
- Customer service and teamwork
- Maintaining a payment point, handling payments and processing payment methods
- Food service practices
- Practical beverage service skills
- Reception and telephone skills
- Barista skills
- Grape varieties, countries of origin and style characteristics, food matching and how to present, open and serve wines
- Industry specific licensing, legislations and regulations
What are the entry requirements?
- NVQ Level 1 Certificate in Beverage Service/relevant qualification, or suitable work experience (to be discussed at interview)
- You must have a good standard of spoken and written English
- You must be able to multi-task
- You must be committed, have a good work ethic and be prepared to be flexible
How will I be assessed?
Your course assessments may include:
- Written assignments
- Practical projects
- 16-18 year olds do not need to pay course fees
- Depending on your circumstances you may not need to pay fees
Contact the Enquiries Team on on 01909 504500 for advice and guidance
What can I progress to?
- Diploma in Hospitality Supervision and Leadership Level 3
- Hospitality and Catering Advanced Apprenticeship
- Waiting staff
- Restaurant Host
Why study here?
- Gain experience working in our modern S81 Restaurant
- You will develop other skills such as employability and communication
- You will have the opportunity to gain a qualification in English and maths if required
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.