Physical Education OCR AS Level (Linear) at Poynton High School
- Applied anatomy and exercise physiology – how the body works, how it moves and how the cardiovascular and respiratory systems affect performance. How diet and nutrition effect performance and how to develop training methods
- Biomechanical movement - study how Newton’s Laws, force and centre of mass effect performance in a practical way. How levers can be used to improve performance.
- Skill acquisition – classifying skills, developing skills, learning skills and processing information.
- Sport psychology – how factors such as personality, arousal levels, motivation, group dynamics and goal setting can affect performance.
- Sport and society – factors leading to the emergence of modern sport and the impact of sport on society.
- The role of technology in physical activity and sport – the use of technology to analyse physical activity
- 5 grade Cs at GCSE level including a grade B in this subject if studied. It is advisable to have gained a grade B in a science subject and to be able to demonstrate a history of ongoing sporting aptitude.
Physical Education students have gone to University and studied subjects including Physiotherapy, Teaching, Sports Medicine, Business Management, Journalism, Sorts Coaching and Sports Science.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Poynton High School directly.