Business Intermediate Diploma at Derby College
This course gives you a good grounding in many aspects of business and develops skills which will take you far in any industry. You will undertake work experience, gain insights from guest speakers and have the opportunity to take part in various trips.
- Enterprise in the Business World
- Finance for Business (externally assessed)
- Promoting a Brand
- Sales and Personal Selling
- Introducing Retail Business
- Providing Business Support
- Recruitment, Selection and Employment
- Principles of Marketing (externally assessed)
- Introducing Law and Consumer Rights
- Business Online
- Public Sector Business
- Visual Merchandising in Retail Business
- Small Business Planning
- Introducing Project Management
- Delivering and Improving Customer Service
- Effective Business Communication
- Working in Business Teams
- Planning, Forecasting and Recording Business Finances
- Work Experience in Business
- Introducing International Business
- Introducing the Economic Environment
- Functional Maths and English and/or GCSE
You require a grade C in English and a grade D in Maths GCSE, with two other GCSEs at grade D or above. You will undertake an interview with the Business team and will be required to achieve a minimum of Entry 2 on your screening results in Maths and English.
This Business BTEC involves a combination of coursework and exams – with assessment methods including presentations, posters, observations and various research projects. Your Functional Skills Maths and English qualification is assessed by a portfolio and online assessment and/or GCSE exams.
You may be required to make a contribution to the enrichment activities undertaken in support of the course delivery.
You can progress to the Level 3 BTEC Business, which will give you further in-depth knowledge of the world of business. You could also consider a Business and Administration, Customer Service or Team Leading Apprenticeship: Derby College can help you find the right opportunity.
This course represents your first step towards an interesting and rewarding career in business.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Derby College directly.