Spanish A Level at Teesdale School
The MFL course has been radically changed to suit the needs of today‘s young person. The emphasis on the four skills of reading, writing, listening and speaking is still there, but the themes for discussion are as follows:
The AS course covers:
- Media: TV, advertising and communication technology
- Popular culture: cinema, music and fashion/trends
- Healthy living/lifestyle: sport/exercise, health and well-being and holidays
- Family/relationships: relationships within the family, friendships and marriage/partnerships.
The AS specification has 2 units:
- Unit 1: Listening, Reading and Writing
- Unit 2: Speaking Test.
They will be examined in the four skills, with the writing including a short essay. Pupils this year have found the course far more accessible with its emphasis on themes that interest them.
The new A2 syllabus is still a mixture of the four skills practised in AS level, but the themes are a little more challenging,
These will again be tested through speaking, listening, reading and writing but there will also be a cultural element to the exam. This element will be tested through the speaking exam as well as in an essay in the main examination. This is a chance to really get to know the country‘s culture as well as combining skills acquired in other A-Levels
The A2 course covers:
- Environment: pollution, energy and protecting the planet
- The multi-cultural society: immigration, integration and racism
- Contemporary social issues: wealth and poverty, law and order and the impact of scientific and technological progress
- Cultural topic: the study of
- a target language speaking region/community
- a period of 20th century history from a target language-speaking country/community
- a novelist/dramatist/poet from a target language-speaking country/community
- a director/architect/musician/painter from a target language-speaking country/ community
The A2 specification has 2 units:
- Unit 3: Listening, Reading and Writing
- Unit 4: Speaking Test
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Teesdale School directly.