Children and Young People's Workforce Levels 2 and 3 Apprenticeship at Bradford College
Apprenticeships give you the opportunity to learn and train in your chosen career as well as earning a regular pay packet. You will be given first-hand experience and learn the majority of the skills needed on the job, whilst also completing off-the-job training within College.
This course will guide and assess your development of knowledge and practical skills within the work place, relating to children and young people. You will be assessed on a portfolio of evidence that supports your ability and competency to work with children and young people. You will also undertake a Level 2 Award in Paediatric First Aid.
Nurseries provide practical experience leading towards an Apprenticeship or Advanced Apprenticeship in Children and Young People`s Workforce through City & Guilds.
The Apprenticeship covers:
- Introduction to Duty of Care for Health, Social Care or Children & Young People`s Settings
- Understand Child & Young Person Development
- Understand How to Safeguard the Welfare of Children & Young People
- Understand How to Support Positive Outcomes for Children & Young People
- Understand the Speech, Language & Communication Needs of Children & Young People With Behavioural, Social or Emotional Difficulties
- Understand the Needs of Children & Young People Who Are Vulnerable & Experiencing Poverty and Disadvantage
You may also be required to study Functional Skills at City Training Services.
Level 2: GCSE Mathematics and English at Grade A*-E or Entry 3 on the Literacy and Numeracy BKSB screening.
Level 3: GCSE Mathematics and English at Grade A*-C or Level 1 on the Literacy and Numeracy BKSB screening.
It is a requirement that you undergo a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
For further information please visit our website:
or contact 01274 728316
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Bradford College directly.