Early Years Educator (EYE) CACHE Diploma Level 3 at St Helens College
This course ensures all students receive in-depth knowledge of children, from birth to 7 years and practical experience working with children from birth to 5 years.
You will study the following units:
- Child development from conception to seven years
- Children's health and well-being
- Providing safe environments for children
- Child Health
- Play and learning
- Understanding children's additional needs
- Observation, assessment and planning
- Professional Practice Portfolio 1
- Supporting emergent literacy
- Supporting emergent mathematics
- Preparing for school readiness
- International perspectives
- Reflective practice for professional development
- Professional partnerships in early years
- Professional Practice Portfolio 2
You should have five GCSEs at grade C or above, including English language and maths. Relevant Functional Skills may also be accepted. You may also have an appropriate subject at level 2. You will need to pass a Disclosure and Baring Service Check and have an appropriate assessment outcome from induction.
The course is assessed by a mixture of assessment tasks, research projects and performance on work placement.
Course fees are dependent on your personal circumstances and you may be eligible for funding.
Upon achievement of this qualification it is intended that learners will be able to enter the workforce as Early Years Educators or access Higher Education.
This course has start dates in September, January and April and takes two years to complete. Students may have the option to leave after one year and achieve the Award or Certificate. Attendance is one day per week in College, on a Monday from 3.00pm - 5.00pm. You will also spend two days in varied childcare work placements. Some additional placement days may be necessary to complete the work placement portfolio.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact St Helens College directly.