Extended Project Level 3 at Chichester High Schools Sixth Form
The Extended Project is available to all students and is designed to complement your other AS or A2 subjects.
The EPQ will help you to develop the ability to research and analyse material independently; skills that will not only help you in your current studies but are skills that are highly valued by universities and employers. Awards 70 UCAS points for an A*.
The EPQ gives you the chance to choose your own topic, something that inspires and motivates you. It may be linked to one of the subjects you are studying or may be a standalone topic.
The finished product may take the form of a:
• research based written report
• production* (eg charity event, fashion show or sports event etc)
• an artefact* (eg piece of art, a computer game or realised design)
*A written report must accompany these options.
Recent Extended Projects have focused on the following areas:
• What factors have influenced the development of interior design?
• Is the Royal Navy still relevant, and what does the future hold for it?
• What is the relationship between class and fashion?
• How should we commemorate the Holocaust?
• Did Homer really exist?
• What has had the biggest impact on the development of BritishArmy vehicles since the IraqWar of 2003?
• How far is diversity a feature of children’s literature?
What your question will be is entirely up to you, but you will be supported by a tutor who will advise you on how to turn your initial idea into a viable project.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Chichester High Schools Sixth Form directly.