Public Services NCFE Level 1 Award at Doncaster College
The course is a one year level 1 programme of study at The Hub which has been tailored to meet your individual needs, education and employment goals.
- Spend most of your college week studying an industry recognised qualification – NCFE Level 1 Award in Personal Development for the Outdoor Industry
- Participate in outdoor activities, practical sport, fitness testing & training, PPD, tutorials, work experience, delivering activities to schools and community groups
- Continue studying English and Maths if you did not achieve at least a GCSE grade C
The qualification provides an opportunity for candidates to explore and prepare for employment in the field of Uniformed Services or Sport/Outdoor Activities. It is not anticipated however that candidates would transfer into a Uniformed Services or Sport/Outdoor Activities job immediately after completing this course but it provides a basis for further study and career development.
It aims to develop candidates' skills and personal qualities in preparation for all areas of employment. It also provides an opportunity to develop problem solving skills.
The course involves a mix of theory and practical work.
The NCFE Level 1 Award in Personal Development for the Outdoor Industry course extends over a one year period. The course is divided into four units. Candidates must successfully complete all units to achieve the qualification.
The Units are:
- Outdoor Industry Awareness
- Develop a personal effectiveness profile and action plan
- Assist in the delivery of an outdoor activity session
- Job and training search skills.
- There are no formal entry requirements.
- All applicants must complete an initial assessment in Maths and English and attend an interview.
The course is internally assessed by means of performance observations, assignments, presentations, reports and projects, demonstrations, portfolio, group work, presentation, videos and discussion.
- Public Services Level 2 Diploma
- or Sport Level 2.
Employment in varied assistant roles including Outdoor Adventure Activity Centre Assistant but after further study there may be job opportunities which could include working in the Fire Service, Police, Army, RAF, Prison Service, Ambulance Service and Customs and Excise.
Candidates should be prepared for a high level of physical participation and will spend some time outdoors.
PE kit and walking boots are required, some outdoor clothing is provided. Learners will be expected to wear a ‘uniform’ of polo shirt, walking trousers and waterproof jacket.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Doncaster College directly.