Introduction To Early Years Education Level 2 Certificate at North Lindsey College
This accredited CACHE level 2 programme will enable you to develop skills, knowledge and understanding relating to early years. You will attend college for three days per week and placement for two days per week.
There is a range of mandatory and optional units to complete and these may include
topics such as:
- Observation, Assessment and Planning
- Supporting Children's Play
- Supporting Children's Positive Behaviour
- Engaging in Professional Development
- Legislation relating to Safeguarding, Protection and the Welfare of Children, Health and Safety of Children, Equality, Diversity and
You must successfully complete a total of 33 credits from mandatory units and optional units to achieve your full qualification.
As part of the initial assessment period you will take the Award in Enterprise and a set task.
You will also be required to take GCSE Maths and aim to achieve grade A-C to enable you to progress to higher level courses or into employment in the early years sector.
- 2 GSCEs at grades A*- C in academic subjects including English Language
- A wide range of GCSEs at Grade D including Maths
- A good report from school
- A clean Enhanced Disclosure
You will produce a range of assessment tasks relating to the course work which could
include written assignments, posters, creative activities, booklets, case studies, reflective journals, etc. Evidence of your work will be internally assessed and externally moderated.
You will also be directly observed on your practical work in placement several times during the year and this will form part of the assessment for some assignment evidence criteria.
For GCSE Maths you will take two external tests at the end of the year.
You may be able to progress to a relevant Level 3 course in childcare or another area
in college if you successfully achieve your course and GCSE Maths at grade A-C.
Alternatively you could enter employment, as this Level 2 qualification may confirm competence under supervision in these areas (as specified by the registration and regulatory requirements in the sector).
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact North Lindsey College directly.