Chemistry A level at Carnforth High School
This is a two year course comprising AS Chemistry in the first year followed in year two by the full A Level.
- Module 1—Development of practical skills in Chemistry
- Module 2—Foundations in Chemistry
- Module 3—Periodic table and energy
- Module 4—Core organic Chemistry
- Module 5—Physical Chemistry and transition elements
- Module 6—Organic Chemistry and analysis
5 A*-Cs at GCSE including GCSE English and/or Mathematics.
Grade B in GCSE Core and Additional Science, or Grade B in GCSE Chemistry
Breadth in Chemistry (01) 70 marks (1hr 30 min) - 50% of AS
Depth in Chemistry (02) 70 marks (1hr 30 min) - 50% of AS
- assesses content from modules 1,2,3 and 5
- 100 marks, 2hr 15 min 37% of A Level
- assesses content from modules 1,2,4 and 6
- 100 marks 2hrs 15 min—37% of A Level
- assesses content from all modules
- 70 marks 1hr 30 mins—26% of A Level
- A Level Chemistry Revision Guide
- Stationery plus a scientific calculator
- Lab coat (essential)
- Internet access
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Carnforth High School directly.