A Level Maths and Statistics at The King's Academy
A combination of core Pure Mathematics skills, plus modules incorporating probability and statistics, distribution of data, sampling and estimation.
Content of course
1. Core Mathematics 1 (C1) Proof; algebra; coordinate geometry in the (x, y) plane; sequences and series; differentiation; integration.
2. Core Mathematics 2 (C2) Algebra; sequences and series; trigonometry; exponentials and logarithms; differentiation; integration.
3. Core Mathematics 3 (C3) Algebra and functions; functions; trigonometry; differentiation; numerical methods. 4. Core Mathematics
4 (C4) Algebra; binomial expansion; differential equations; integration; vectors.
5. Statistics 1 (S1) Mathematical models in probability and statistics; representation and summary of data; probability; correlation and regression; discrete random variables; discrete distributions; the Normal distribution.
6. Statistics 2 (S2) The Binomial and Poisson distributions; continuous random variables; continuous distributions; samples; hypothesis tests.
At least a grade A at GCSE.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The King's Academy directly.