Accounting & Business AAT Level 2 Diploma at The City of Liverpool College
As a standalone qualification or as a first step towards the Advanced Level Three Diploma, this course allows you to move up to further study in accounting and finance. The qualification incorporates the Level One Award in Bookkeeping and five units in the Level Two Certificate in Accounting with further additional units specifically related to the cohort. This also offers applicants the chance of full time AAT study that meet the mandatory requirements of the full time 16-18s study programme.
The qualification provides candidates with a high quality, nationally recognised qualification. It is a vocationally related, credit based qualification that provides a valuable opportunity for individuals to develop skills, gain underpinning knowledge and understanding and provide progression in the accounting and finance sectors. It can be a standalone qualification or a vehicle for progression to the Level Three Advanced Diploma.
The course is designed for students who are aged 16-18 and is suited for:
• Those students wishing to pursue a career in accountancy, finance or business
• Those students not in education, employment or training
• Those currently in employment or training and needing workplace skills
• Those learners who ultimately would like to become a graduate member of the AAT and eventually progress
to chartered status in the accountancy profession.
Once you have enrolled on the course it is essential you register with the AAT so that you can sit the AAT on-line assessments and access study resources.
You will study the following 8 units:
• Elements of Costing
• Bookkeeping Control
• Bookkeeping Transactions
• Work Effectively in Finance (Synoptic Assessment)
• Using Accounting Software
• Computerised Payroll Skills
• Developing Lifelong Learning Skills
• Introduction to Business and Company Law.
You must be aged 16-18 and hold GCSE English Language and mathematics at grade C or above.
AAT qualifications have been designed to encourage progression. The Level Two Foundation Diploma in Accounting and Business qualification offers direct entry onto the Level Three Advanced Diploma.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The City of Liverpool College directly.