Arboriculture Level 2 Diploma at Warwickshire College Group
This practical course will introduce students to all the main areas of work involved in tree management, forestry and tree surgery. Subjects covered include understanding of the identification and selection of trees and shrubs, maintaining tools and machinery, felling and processing trees and plant soil science. Students will also have the opportunity to undertake work experience in a relevant work placement.
Typical Modules studied are:
- Undertake Work Related Experience in the Landbased Industries
- Environmental and Landbased Business
- Identify and Select Trees and Shrubs
- Carry out Ground Based Arboricultural Operations
- Undertake Tree Felling Operations
- Introduction to the Principles of Landbased Machinery
- Understand the Basic Principles of Plant Science
- Understand the Basic Principles of Soil Science
4 GCSEs grade D or above including
and/or suitable level 1 qualification
and a positive reference
Applicants should be at, or working towards, a Level 1 in English Language and Maths
Assessment will be carried out by a combination of practical and theory methods. The assessments will be planned at the start and take place throughout the year.
WHAT CAREERS CAN I GO ON TO?
The arboricultural industry has a wide range of employments options. Students educated at Moreton Morrell College have been very successful in gaining employment in industry. Alternatively you may wish to progress onto another course or an Apprenticeship.WHAT FURTHER STUDY OPPORTUNITIES ARE THERE?
Can progress to a Level 3 full-time course or Level 4 part-time evening course
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Warwickshire College Group directly.