IT Professionals Level 3 Diploma at City College Coventry
This OCR course is for students wishing to follow an advanced course comprising a wide range of subjects within the broad area of Computing. It is a Study Programme course which, if successful, leads to the 90 credit qualification over one year and progression to the full 180 credit qualification over 2 years. The majority of students would need to complete 180 credits in order to access Higher Education.
The qualification is assessed through a combination of practical and written assignments. The assessments are graded at Pass, Merit, and Distinction.
Hear about IT from an expert.
You will cover two mandatory units and five specialist units listed below*:
- Communicating & Employability Skills for IT
- Information Systems
- Computer Systems
- Organisational Systems Security
- Project Planning with IT
- Website Production
- Computer Games Platforms & Technologies
- Client-side Customisation of Webpages
- Digital Graphics
- Managing Networks
- Computer Networks
- Spreadsheet Modelling
- Communication Technologies
- Database Design
- Data Analysis and Design
- Exploring Computer Applications
- Developing Programming Solutions
- Key Computing Concepts for IT Solutions
*Specialist subjects may be subject to change.
This course is a Study Programme which consists of:
- Vocational Qualification
- Work Experience
* If you have not already achieved a GCSE pass at grade C or above in English and Maths you will study Maths and/ or English as an integral part of your college programme.
4 GCSEs Grade C or above (including English and maths), or a Level 2 related qualification at Merit level and GCSE/Level 2 in English and maths. If you have a Pass grade you will complete an additional assessment to check course suitability.
A place on the course will be subject to a successful interview with the course organiser and a satisfactory reference.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact City College Coventry directly.