Construction Multi-Skills C-Skills Level 1 Award at Carshalton College
This programme provides knowledge in all aspects of construction maintenance operations including carpentry, joinery, bricklaying, plastering and tiling together with the underpinning and supporting knowledge to work safely in the construction sector.
Units studied include:
- Knowledge of building methods and construction technology
- Carry out safe working practices in construction
- Carry out small-scale masonry trade/plastering/wood trade repairs
- Employment rights and responsibilities
- Development of numeracy and literacy skills at Level 1
You will need to have an average of grade C in GCSEs in English and Maths, or you will have successfully completed the appropriate Level 1 programme.
You will be asked to attend an interview to further demonstrate your commitment to the programme.
Practical and theory assignments covering skills and knowledge.
Fees are not normally paid by 16 to 18 year olds
Successful completion can lead to a Level 2 programme.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Carshalton College directly.