Beauty Therapy (Level 2) Apprenticeship at Central College Nottingham
You will come into College one day a week to complete the NVQ Level 2 in Beauty as well as Functional Skills at the appropriate level (subject to GCSE grades achieved).
Units depend on chosen route and may include:
- Facial Skin Care Treatment
- Manicure and Pedicure Services
- Shape Eyebrows and Eyelash Services
- Waxing Services
- Develop and Maintain Effectiveness at Work
- Promote Services or Products to Customers
- Health and Safety
- Function Skills in English and Maths
Plus optional units related to the course.
English and Maths are an essential part of your studies and will help you succeed on your course. These subjects will help you develop confidence and are the key employability skills that all employers now look for when recruiting.
You will need 4 GCSEs at grades A* to D including English Language or equivalent qualifications. Level 1 in Beauty or Level 1 Hairdressing and Beauty Therapy is desirable but not essential.
There is continuous assessment of each unit. You will need to present evidence of competence via practical assessments and production of a personal portfolio of evidence.
- NVQ Level 3 Diploma in Beauty Therapy
- Advanced Apprenticeship in Beauty Therapy Level 3
- Level 3 Make up Artistry Diploma
- Level 3 in Nail Technology Diploma
To support your application we will ask you to bring in a school report.
You will need to be employed for a minimum of 30 hours a week in a beauty salon. Your 30 hours includes one day in College. You will be required to purchase a kit and uniform. The uniform must be worn at all times in College. Kit costs are approximately £144.00.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Central College Nottingham directly.