ICT A Level at Highlands School
This course is for students who want to gain a good understanding of how they can use computer software to solve a variety of different problems. Students will develop skills in a range of software applications including web design, office applications, animation and graphics.
2 units at AS Level, including:
- Unit 1 Information Systems
- Unit 2 Presenting Information
2 units at A2, including:
- Unit 3 Use and impact of ICT
- Unit 4 Relational Databases
Grade B or better in GCSE ICT or equivalent
Unit 1 and Unit 3 are assessed by a written examination which requires a portfolio produced by the student. Students have to produce coursework for units 2 and 4.
- A degree in computing, IT or related fields, such as: Software Engineering (Programming Degree), Business Information Technology (BIT).
- Employment in the area of, for example, desktop support, programming or even website design.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Highlands School directly.